Silent Auction Rules & Conditions
- In the interpretation of these Auction Rules and Conditions, the terms “Speech and Language Development Australia” and “ Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives” refer to employees and contractors, whether paid or voluntary, of Speech and Language Development Australia who are authorised to organise and conduct the Auction and includes, where applicable, any other person authorised by Speech and Language Development Australia.
- All bids are final. Before making a bid, bidders should note any restrictions or other qualifications affecting an item.
- All items will be at the purchaser’s risk immediately, or after the closure of bidding in the case of the Silent Auction.
- Subject to Condition 3, all sales are final and no refund or allowance will be made. No exception may be taken to an item on collection.
- Payment in full must be made by a purchaser for an item as soon as possible after the announcement of the highest bidder in the case of the Silent Auction.
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Failure to pay in full in accordance with Condition 5 will be deemed to constitute a rescission ab initio by the purchaser to purchase the item.
- Unless otherwise specified, all items, reservation/arrangements for all trips, accommodation, parties and/or similar events, must be organised by the purchaser at the mutual convenience of the purchaser and the provider of relevant services.
- All items, certificates of intent or items comprising goods and/or services may be removed only after full payment has been received. Items and certificates not collected will be removed to Speech and Language Development Australia , 33 Cubberla Streett, Fig tree Pocket, QLD 4069 and can be collected from this address during business hours. Speech and Language Development Australia accepts no responsibility for any damage to or loss of purchased items during transportation and/ or storage.
All items are sold ‘as is’. Whilst Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives have endeavoured to properly classify and describe each item in this programme, Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives neither warrant nor represent, and will in no event be responsible for the correctness of description, genuineness or value of any item listed in the programme or made orally at the Auction or elsewhere.
- Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives will not be responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the purchase and use of any item.
- Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale prior to commencement of bidding.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Auction Rules and Conditions, the conduct of the auction remains wholly at the discretion of Speech and Language Development Australia and its representatives.
- Speech and Language Development Australia and the purchaser agree to do all the necessary acts and to sign all documents and papers for the purpose of transferring the respective item to the purchaser.
- Speech and Language Development Australia, at the request of the purchaser, may arrange delivery of a purchased item via a nominated courier service to the purchaser’s nominated address within 5 business days of the auction. The purchaser agrees to pay the nominated delivery charge for this service.
- Speech and Language Development Australia strongly advises all winning bidders to confirm Terms and Conditions directly with the respective live or silent auction item supplier prior to use. Terms and Conditions are determined by and managed by the supplier and not by Speech and Language Development Australia. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
All images displayed in the Silent Auction section of this programme are indicative only. Actual product or service may vary from that shown.
Terms and Condition for Raffle items
- The promotion will be known as the “40th Anniversary Gala dinner raffle”
- The Promoter is Speech and Language Development Australia ABN , 33 Cubberla Street, Fig Tree Pocket, QLD 4069. Telephone: (07) 3378 8625.
- The promotion will be conducted over a period of a month between August 9th and September 9th 2019.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions will prevail.
- Participants in the promotion are deemed to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Participants agree to make themselves reasonably available for publicity purposes at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter may appoint judges and the judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- In order for an entry or entries to be included in any prize draw (as described in Clauses 10 and 11), participants must purchase a raffle ticket at a cost of AUD $5 each or three tickets for AUD $10 from any of the designated representatives of the Promoter. A ticket for the 40th Anniversary Gala raffle will only be provided to a participant upon receipt of full payment. Payment may be made by cash, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Personal cheques will not be accepted unless prior arrangements are made.
- Once purchased, a participant may not return a raffle ticket for a refund, or exchange one raffle ticket for another.
- There will be no limit to the total number of 40th Anniversary Gala dinner raffle tickets available for purchase;
and there is no maximum number of 40th Anniversary Gala dinner raffle tickets an individual participant may purchase.
- Prize winners will be drawn on the evening of the 40th Anniversary Gala Even on August 30th 2019 starting from the one with the greatest monetary value to the least.